Sunday 20 September 2009

Me & my skating.

As a newcomer I shall tell you a bit more about me than is in my 'about me'.

I started skating at age 10 as a new saturday morning as my best friend had skated for some time and I wanted to give it ago. I began in free skating under Jayne Cambell before switching to ice dance which took me to the realms of the British Solo Dance Championships when I was 15. I made the final twice. I went on to compete in adult competitions where I enjoyed some success. Once university began my skating in terms of competing has dropped down to none, but I did whilst a student train as a Level 1 licensed coach, however I decided that I did not have enough time or money for the continual licensing costs to contemplate being a coach alongside other jobs and my academic studies. If I could find a dance partner I would love to return to competitive skating, but the 1 men to 10 ladies ratio makes that seem rather unlikely, so as it is I am a keen watcher of skating whenever it makes it onto the telly. You will also find me on figure skating universe which I reccomed to any keen skating fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment